2G Judgement was “bad judgement”. Urges PM Modi to create a war council to fight corruption Says, Subramanian Swamy.
The DMK leaders were among 17 accused of a 1.76 lakh crore scam; all were declared not guilty today by a Delhi judge saying the CBI had failed to provide evidence against them.
Mr Raja had been accused of using his office to hand out-of-turn cellphone network licenses in 2007-08 to telecom firms in exchange for kickbacks. Airwaves or second-generation (2G) frequency was bundled in at no cost. In 2010, the Supreme Court cancelled the allocations made by Mr Raja, who spent nearly one year in jail before getting bail in 2012.
Mr Raja, a trained lawyer, defended himself in court and cross-examined all witnesses.
— TIMES NOW (@TimesNow) December 21, 2017
Senior BJP leader Subramanian Swamy had said in Delhi on this verdict, saying: –
Took up the honest officials and withdrew from the case. The action was taken against honest officials in the 2G scam case. The CBI and the enforcement department are not systematically arguing. The 2G case should appeal against the verdict and appeal to the court. The 2G scam case has been given a false verdict.
— Anna Isaac (@anna_isaac) December 21, 2017
I think the Prime Minister will learn from this. This is not a setback. Now fight against corruption. The legal authorities did not show interest in fighting corruption.
Former Attorney General Mukul Rohtki has welcomed the ruling. Attorney General Rohtky argued against some alleged companies. I wrote a letter to the Prime Minister during his appointment.