Aadhaar cards are issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI. The UIDAI accepts 18 different proof of identity documents and 33 different proof of address documents. Anyone who is a permanent citizen of India can apply for Aadhaar card.
- You must fill out an Aadhaar card application form.
- Find an enrollment centre near you – Enrollment Center Finder.
- Set up an appointment with your local Aadhaar enrollment centre.
- Bring the required proof of identity/proof of address documents to your appointment – List of nationally accepted documents.
- You can take a pre-filled out enrollment form with you to your appointment or you can fill one out when you get there.
- At the enrollment center, your photo, fingerprints, and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrollment process.
- You will get an acknowledgement slip with a temporary enrolment number and other details captured during enrolment.
- Enrolment Centre Search Link