No Indian Killed Or injured in Istanbul Attack: Ministry of External Affairs

World News, World News Daily, World News Now, International News Today, World News Today, breaking news, India time news, indiatimenews.com, India news
Istanbul airport Attack

There are no Indians among those killed or injured in the attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport , the ministry of external affairs had said.Istanbul Istanbul

“(There is) no report so far of any Indian among the casualties. The Indian consulate has been in touch with the Istanbul Governorate and the Turkish Health Ministry hotline desk,” MEA sources said on Wednesday morning.

The Indian Embassy in Ankara tweeted helpline numbers for Indians requiring assistance. “Indians req assist, pls call +90-530-5671095/8258037/4123625/ #IndianEmbassyTR,” it said in a tweet.

READ: Turkish: 36 Dead In Suicide Attacks On Istanbul Airport

Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted a strong condemnation of the attack. “Attack in Istanbul is inhuman & horrific. I condemn it strongly.

READ: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Condemns Istanbul Airport Attack

My thoughts are with bereaved families. May the injured recover quickly,” he tweeted. PM Modi has frequently spoken against terrorism at international fora. Speaking in Brussels in March this year, Modi had said the United Nations runs the risk of becoming irrelevant if it does not pass a resolution defining terrorism.

An official said Turkish Air flights to Delhi and Mumbai had flown off from Istanbul last night as scheduled, approximately a couple of hours before the dastardly attack that has so far killed 36 people. Airport operations at Istanbul have resumed but long delays are likely. An update from the Indian consulate in Instanbul said many flights have been diverted to the Sabiha Gokcen airport there and that is likely to result in delays.