The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will issue bright yellow-coloured Rs 200 denomination bank notes on August 25, the central bank today said.
RBI To Introduce Rs 200 Currency Notes From Today
The Reserve Bank of India will issue on August 25, 2017, ₹ 200 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing the signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, Governor, Reserve Bank of India from select RBI offices, and some banks. The new denomination has Motif of Sanchi Stupa on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm × 146 mm.
The base colour of the note is Bright Yellow. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
The Rs 200 currency notes image and salient features of ₹ 200 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series.
Rs 200 Currency Notes Salient Features
- Obverse (Front)
1. See through register with denominational numeral 200
2. Latent image with denominational numeral 200
3. Denominational numeral २०० in Devnagari
4. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
5. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘India’ and ‘200’
6. Windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI with colour shift. Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
7. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
8. Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol, ₹ 200 in colour changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right
9. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
10. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (200) watermarks
11. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side
12. For visually impaired
Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, raised Identification Mark H with micro-text ₹ 200, four angular bleed lines with two circles in between the lines both on the right and left sides
13. Year of printing of the note on the left
14. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
15. Language panel
16. Motif of Sanchi Stupa
17. Denominational numeral २०० in Devnagari