Facebook is an online social media and social networking service based in California. Now Facebook introducing peer-to-peer payments to people in the UK and France.
It’s a convenient and secure way to send and receive money right in Messenger threads making it fast to send money to friends without leaving a conversation. We’ve also added an animation of falling Euros and British Pounds, depending on the country, just for a touch of fun.
The money you send is transferred right away. It may take one to three business days to make the money available to the recipient depending on their bank, just as it does with other deposits
Payments in Messenger are fast, free and secure.
To send money:
- Start a message with a friend
- Tap the blue + icon and then tap the green Payments icon
- Set up your payment account (only the first time) and then enter the amount you want to send
- Tap Pay and then add your debit card
- Watch the amount of money you sent rain down on the screen
To receive money:
- Open the conversation with your friend
- Tap Add Card to the message, add your debit card and set up your payment account to accept money for the first time